2 Session Road Racing Clinic for competitive Women Road Racers
Coaches for this session: Troy Delfs & Suzanne Hamilton
• All Categories of women road racers
• Wether you are an experienced racer, or new to the sport, we are sure that you will learn skills, tactics and techniques that will make you a faster racer and more confident in the peloton.
• Two separate sessions that will focus on technical racing skills, tactics and training advice
• We will do various riding drills on quiet roads that will allow you to perfect your skills
• Coaches will provide on bike instruction, feedback and answer all of your questions
SESSION # 1 - Back to the Basics
• These are skills that you have likely already learned, but it is always important to make sure you have mastered these critical skills
• Individual riding skills focusing on: bike position, balance, cadence, braking, climbing, descending, cornering
• Group riding skills - pace lines, echelons, lead outs, crash avoidance
SESSION # 2 - Let’s Talk Tactics
• How do you race to your strengths and limit your weaknesses?
• We will work on skill, tactics and techniques that will help you achieve your best results
• We will use various drills to cover the topics of:
· Sprinting from small and large groups
· Should I attack? How, when and where?
· How to race as a team
· How to work with opponents to improve your position
• Meet at the Springbank Community Centre
32224A Springbank Rd, Calgary, AB T3Z 2L9
• We will ride on various roads in the Springbank area
• Session 1 - Back to the Basics - Tuesday April 11, 2017
• Session 2 - Let’s Talk Tactics - Tuesday May 2, 2017
• 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
• Following the sessions, we invite you to join Troy and Suzanne to have an informal Q&A session over a refreshing beverage.
$ 60/session or $50/session if you register for both sessions